i had a birthday and here's what i know.
i celebrated a big birthday this week. and i feel pretty fine about it, all in all.
after a certain few decades and a half of living, i've learned that some things just work for me. they're what i do, and who i've become.
- i do my hair now. every morning. i get it did and dyed, often, and i do my part daily. i feel much better in the morning if i start out with good hair on my side.
- i workout regularly - at least three times a week. pilates. it's my thing. it changed the game.
- i splurge on vacations. i stay in the nice hotel. i get the bigger room. i order a glass of champagne, and room service. i go with my friends. i go with brian meares. and sometimes i go by myself.
- people will come and go, but if you have 5 you can call when things go sideways, you're doing great.
- i have a house keeper. it's worth my sanity to have someone fight the good fight with me.
- i get up early now. like 7am early. and i get a lot of shit done.
- i go to therapy once a week. it's great to pay someone to listen to you talk about yourself.
- i get things waxed. puts a little spring in your step.
- i still act like a fool about quarterly at the bar. and dance inappropriately. and have the best time doing it.
- it's ok to sometimes appreciate the planning more than the executing, and the fantasy more than the reality.
- i love trends. enjoy them while they're in, and then onto the next. what's fun about staying the same?
- but i did buy a nice classic sofa that should last a while.
- if you tell people you're going to make something happen, even it you're not sure how, it's more likely it will.
- i know that life won't turn out how you thought it should, or would. and that's the most exciting thing in the world.